Mon-Wed, 2-4 Nov 2020, 4-6:30 PM (Daily)
Patents help inventors and companies protect their invention. However, the protection is effective only if the patent is drafted well and with strategic intent. This workshop aims to share learning and experiences relating to effective drafting of patent specifications. The workshop will also aim to share some best practices. The workshop will include lectures, live demo interview of an inventor, case analysis and practical session on drafting of patents.
- Participants need to have prior basic knowledge of patents.
- IP professionals who want to improve their drafting skills
- IP analytics professionals wanting to learn more about drafting
- Inventors/scientists wanting to understand how inventions can be protected better by drafting good patent applications
- How to draft powerful patents
- Strategic drafting of patent claims
- Conducting invention disclosure meetings
- Understanding /defining inventions
- Distinguishing with respect to the prior art
- Case studies
- Quick review of contents/ sections of a patent specification and intended purposes
- Mock invention disclosure meeting, identifying/defining the invention, drafting potential claims
- Sources of novelty and arguments for inventive step
- Introduction to patent, types of specifications, procedure, cost etc.
- Claim drafting in depth – drafting, claim staging, strategies
- Small practical exercises in drafting for attendees wherein, disclosures will be provided to attendees on Day1 and they need to draft a patent specification & present at the end of workshop.
- Certification of Participation: Certificates will be given to only those candidates who complete drafting assignments & present at least one slide at the end of workshop.
- Access to all presentations
- After the course a feedback link will be shared. This link has to be filled by end of the course day after the sessions. Filling up this link will be marked as your attendance for the concerned session.