Date: Saturday, November 19th, 2022 | Time: 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM
Outline | Photos | Feedback
Gains from the workshop:
- Understand innovation and technology commercialization insights from global models (esp Boston area and emerging economies like Chile)
- The triple helix model of innovation
- Insights into the Indian R&D ecosystem from the CTIER/ Office of PSA study
- Meaningful discussions with peers and efforts to build a regional action plan
This Round Table is intended as a mixed event involving Spotlight Talks to provide facts and frameworks to stimulate a discussion, an honest discussion and reflection and idea sharing on improving technology commercialization outcomes as well as networking amongst Heads of Institutions in the Pune region. This is intended as an invitation only event for Heads of Institutions of Pune based R&D/ academic institutions.
About the Spotlight Talks:
- The first talk is by Dr Ashley Stevens, a global expert on technology commercialization based out of Boston. He will speak about some of his learning from observing/doing/ planning/ advising technology commercializing in the US, Europe and South America. Are developed economy models transplantable to developing economies like India?
References: Nature Biotechnology Article by Ashley Stevens (An emerging model for life sciences commercialization) | Online resources from Dr Ashley Stevens
- The second talk is by Mr Janak Nabar, CEO of Centre for Technology, Innovation and Economic Research (CTIER) in Pune. He will share his insights on the Indian R&D ecosystem using first hand data compiled by his team along with the Office of PSA.
References: CTIER: http://www.ctier.org ; http://www.ctier.org/handbook2019.html ; http://www.ctier.org/pdf-event/CTIER-and-Nesta-2019.pdf