Gains from the talk:
- Understand innovation and technology commercialization insights from global models (esp Boston area and emerging economies like Chile)
- The triple helix model of innovation
- Insights into the Indian R&D ecosystem from the CTIER/ Office of PSA study
About the Spotlight Talks:
- The first talk is by Dr Ashley Stevens, a global expert on technology commercialization based out of Boston. He will speak about some of his learning from observing/doing/ planning/ advising technology commercializing in the US, Europe and South America. Are developed economy models transplantable to developing economies like India?
References: Nature Biotechnology Article by Ashley Stevens (An emerging model for life sciences commercialization) | Online resources from Dr Ashley Stevens
- The second talk is by Mr Janak Nabar, CEO of Centre for Technology, Innovation and Economic Research (CTIER) in Pune. He will share his insights on the Indian R&D ecosystem using first hand data compiled by his team along with the Office of PSA.
References: CTIER: http://www.ctier.org ; http://www.ctier.org/handbook2019.html ; http://www.ctier.org/pdf-event/CTIER-and-Nesta-2019.pdf